1. Dress appropriately.
2. Walk in tall and straight.
3. Firm (but not crushing) handshake.
5. Eye contact.
6. Sit back in the chair, upright; don’t slouch.
7. Relax shoulders.
8. Feet on the ground, or cross legs comfortably.
9. Lean in slightly when listening and nod to emphasize interest.
10. Articulate with hand gestures to avoid fidgeting.
11. Keep palms upright; shows openness and honesty.
12. Non-defensive postures. Eg. Don’t fold arms in front of chest.
Appearance and body language are key factors in interviews.
Words are powerful but actions are often “louder.” It’s a two-way conversation, not an interrogation, so remember to breathe and exhale!
Good luck to everyone on your next interview!