Digital marketing is a very big field, and it encompasses different types of activities. From emails and messages to blogs and newsletters, there are a number of mediums that brands use to market their wares. So, when we talk about some tools that can be used to help in digital marketing, we have to understand the diversity of the field itself, and the likewise need for versatility in the tools.
That just means that since the field is so big, we need some versatile tools for it,
In this post, we are going to be looking at a few different tools that can be used for a digital marketing campaign. And while discussing each tool, we will also talk about its respective use in different types of digital marketing.
1. Google Docs
As we just mentioned above, there are different types of marketing involved in the broader umbrella of digital marketing. Some of those marketing types include affiliate marketing, content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and so on.
In a lot of these marketing types, there is a lot of written content involved. It’s almost everywhere, even in podcast marketing. (There is the script, you know.)
So, when you have to write content – be it of whatever type and kind – you need to have some sort of software to type it out. That is where Google Docs comes in.
The main perk of using Google Docs is that it is available online and does not have to be downloaded. It is also free to use, which makes it a cut above the other popular choice in the category, namely MS Word.
Let’s take a look at some of the main features of Google Docs. After that, we will look at some of its main uses in digital marketing.
- Free to use and available online
- Offers a range of different formatting options such as font adjustment, alignment, and so on
- Allows users to insert various visuals such as charts, graphs, tables, and so on
- Allows users to install add-ons for improving the writing experience
- Allows excellent file-sharing and collaboration options
Main Uses in Digital Marketing
- Writing content like blog posts and descriptions
- Writing stylish content such as email templates and social media messages
- Writing and collaborating on content with different members of the digital marketing team
- Saving content in different format styles for sharing and publishing, etc.
So, while written content is pretty ubiquitous in digital marketing, it is not the only type of content that is used. Graphics and visuals are also featured pretty much everywhere, be it websites, emails, messages, and whatnot.
Just as tools like Google Docs are necessary for creating written content, tools like Canva are necessary when you have to create visuals.
Once again, just as Google Docs is a cut above its contemporaries due to being free, the same goes for Canva. Although there are a lot of other similar tools that you can use for creating graphics, icons, logos, and visuals, Canva is the go-to choice because it happens to be free.
Being a big platform with a lot of perks, there isn’t much justice that we can do to Canva by listing its features in a couple of bullets here. Nevertheless, sticking to both pattern and brevity, here are some of the main features that it offers:
- Free access (albeit restricted)
- Hundreds of existing templates
- Thousands of elements for using in custom designs and visuals
- Allows users to download and share their designs
- Offers very affordable paid plans
Main Uses in Digital Marketing
- Creating featured images for blog posts
- Creating in-post images for blogs
- Creating visuals for emails
- Creating visuals for web pages
Writing content is one thing, but enhancing its quality and making it more readable is another thing. While you can do the first one using tools like Google Docs, you need tools like Paraphraser to do the second one.
Paraphraser is, as the name gives away, a paraphrasing tool. That means that it paraphrases the content it is given by making different types of alterations to it. Rather than describing it to you in using words, let’s just show it to you via a screenshot. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Now, how does this help you in digital marketing?
Basically, when you write content, especially that which has to be directly read by a single person, i.e., an email, you need to make sure that it is easy to understand. Your content won’t be very helpful to the other person if it leaves them scratching their heads.
A lot of people can struggle with the readability of their content by not being able to use easier words in place of the harder ones. This can, in turn, make them write some really hard content with some really hard words and some really long sentences….kind of like this one.
To fix these types of linguistic atrocities, Paraphraser can be a great tool.
- Free to access
- Multiple modes available
- Option to upload and download files
- Highlights changes and allows in-depth editing of outputs
- Provides multiple options for post-processing and pre-processing
Main uses in digital marketing
Here are some of the main uses of Paraphraser in digital marketing.
- For making the clunky parts of your blog content flow better
- For making email subject lines catchier
- For removing accidental plagiarism from the content
- For utilizing the same type of content over and over again without repetition
When it comes to writing content for marketing purposes, grammatical perfection is also of utmost importance. Marketing content has to be catching and captivating for the audience, and it can’t achieve these traits if it happens to be riddled with grammar and spelling errors.
Grammar Check is an excellent online tool that you can use to find grammatical and spelling errors in your content. It is free to access, and it can be used without any sort of registration as well.
When you enter your content into this tool, it highlights the various grammatical and spelling errors in the content using red and yellow colors.
Here are some of the main features of this tool.
- It is free to use
- It allows file uploads
- It offers an option to resolve all errors or dismiss all errors collectively
- It shows the total number of words
- It currently has a no-ads interface
Main uses in digital marketing
Unlike the tools mentioned above, there are no multifarious uses of Grammar Check. You can just use it for pretty much every content that you use for marketing. You can find and remove grammatical errors from that content to optimize it before finalization.
Keeping that in mind, you can use it for content such as:
- Product descriptions
So, there you have it.
Mind you, there are a lot of other tools that you can use in your digital marketing campaign as well, but we’ve mentioned a few basic ones.
Hope you had fun reading!