Artificial Intelligence refers to intelligence displayed by a machine that simulates human intelligence. Basically it is the ability of a machine or a programme to think and learn. In this article, we are going to see how different domains are using Artificial Intelligence Applications.
AI in E-Commerce
AI offers you Personalized Shopping
- Recommendation engines can enable you to engage with your customers, by taking into consideration their usage history, preferences and interests
- This can lead to improved brand loyalty and an increase in the number of conversions
- AI also enables visual searches, through which users can upload an image of the item they require, and be shown on search results that match their query.
AI Powered Assistants
- These are like virtual shopping assistants and chatbots that helps to improve user experience while shopping online.
- Using techniques like Natural Language Processing (NLP), conversations with users can seem personal to users and tailored to their interests.
- Assistants can help with answering doubts, gathering feedback, and perform real-time gathering.
- Artificial intelligence helps with forecasting demand for products and enhance the decision making behind what items to stock up, and when it should be done, so that customer expectations can be met
- AI can identify credit card usage patterns and reduce the possibility of credit card fraud taking place.
- AI can also help identify and handle fake reviews, in the process improving customers trust in your brand and products
Artificial Intelligence in Navigation
- Based on the research from MIT, an AI using a combination of Conventional Neural Networks and Graph Neural Network, would enable a GPS application to automatically predict the number of lanes and road types behind obstructions.
Artificial Intelligence in Robotics
- AI enabled robots will be able to maneuver through its path of travel with real-time updates. It uses this path to sense obstacles and pre-plan its path.
- It can be used for carrying goods in factories, warehouses and hospitals, cleaning large equipment, inventory management and it is also used for exploring the environment that is too dangerous for humans.
- AI intelligence can be enhanced by conducting analysis of data obtained from sensors
- It is used to avoid unnecessary breakdowns and the associated costs of major issues.
Artificial Intelligence in Human Resources
- Machine Learning can be used to sort through applications based on specified parameters. This can enable teams to diversify based on skills, education background, gender and other unique characteristics.
Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- Audit systems that use AI can prevent prescription errors and ensure the disease is properly identified.
- Prescriptive analysis can be performed on patient data for ensuring that the case is prioritized in real time and triage can be performed.
Medical Imaging and Diagnostics
- AI can analyze chronic conditions with the help of lab and other medical data to ensure early diagnosis.
- AI can also be used with advanced medical imaging to analyze and transform images.
Research and Development
- Ai can be used for discovering new drugs based on previous data and medical intelligence
- It can be used to understand human gene and its components
Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture
Monitoring Crop and Soil Health
- Artificial intelligence can be used to identify defects and nutrient deficiencies in the soil.
Decreased Pesticide Usage
- With the help of computer vision, robotics and machine learning, AI can be used to analyze where weeds are growing
- AI bots can be used to harvest crops at a higher volume and faster pace than human labourers.
Artificial Intelligence in Gaming
- AI can be used to saving labour costs. It can be used to generate levels, maps, textures, weapons, characters, etc.,
- AI can be used to develop smart, human-like NPCs to interact with gamers
- It can predict player behavior to improve game testing and design
- For Example, The 2014 game, Alien Isolation uses AI to stalk the player throughout the game. The game uses two AIs. “Director AI” that constantly knows your location, and the “Alien AI” which is driven by sensors and behaviors that constantly hunts the player.
Artificial Intelligence Applications in Automobiles
- AI can be used to drive an automobile along with the vehicle’s camera, radar, cloud services. GPS and control signals to operate the vehicle.
- AI can be used to improve the in-vehicle experience. AI can be used to provide additional systems like emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, driver-assist steering.
Artificial Intelligence Applications in Social Media
- AI is being used for Picture Analyzing to recognize people in photos.
- AI is also used along with a tool called Deep Text. With this tool, Facebook can better understand conversations.
- Deep Text can also be used to prevent suicide, by identifying posts that represent suicidal thoughts
- AI is also used to automatic translate posts from different languages.
- AI is used to show what posts you get to see in Explore feature based on the likes and accounts you follow
- AI can recognize and remove spam messages from users accounts using Facebook’s Deep Text tool.
- AI is being used by Twitter for fraud detection, removing propagation and hateful content
- Twitter also uses AI to recommend tweets user might enjoy, based on what type of tweets users might enjoy, based on what type of tweets you engage with
- AI is also used to filter through inappropriate content and remove them from the platform
Artificial Intelligence Applications in Marketing
- With AI, marketers can deliver highly targeted and personalized ads with the help of behavioral analysis, pattern recognition, etc.
- It also helps with retargeting audiences at the right time to ensure better results and reduced feelings of distrust and annoyance
- AI can perform content writing, that matches the brand’s voice and style to handle tasks like performance reports, campaign reports, market research, analysis etc.,
- Chatbots powered by AI, NLP, NLG and NLU help understand what users are saying, and respond like humans do.
Personalized UI and UX
- AI can provide users with real-time personalization based on their behavior.
- AI can be used to edit and optimize marketing campaigns to fit the needs of a local market
Also Read: More articles on Artificial Intelligence