We have already covered Understanding digital marketing process in our previous post. Here is the continuation of the digital marketing process.
Step 3 – Bringing traffic to your business’s websites and social media platforms
Digital marketing could only be used to fullest when we could use the strategies towards getting traffic. Check what drives traffic for you and whatnot. Quality traffic could be further converted to leads and final conversions. Some crucial tools for this are:
- Display Advertising: Display advertisements are definitely an eye-catching mechanism for getting prospective Display Ads are two types: 1) Retargeted Ads 2) Informative Ads
- Pay Per Click Advertising: Pay Per Click Advertising is a good mechanism to generate Pay Per Click advertisements should be optimized. Be on top of the minds.
- Email Marketing: Emails work better than mobile notifications as they are free of cost for consumer class and some mobiles have space constraints for text Rates of The number of email users worldwide is forecasted to rise to 12 billion by 2020 (Word Stream,2018). Businesses should expand and refine their email distribution to reach out audience on a larger level.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is has a tremendous effect on the reach of the targeted On a monthly basis, 20% of Google searches are for local business and 46% are for products or services. Industry experts state that Google updates its algorithm,500 times a year. It is very important to check for keywords which gain or lose traction in search engine operations. Keep updating and auditing SEO regularly to stay searchable and discoverable consistently.
- Social Media Optimization: Most excellent venue to reach masses is social People are more responsive when others like or comment positively on your businesses. Out of every 4, 3 are active users of social media platforms. Edelman Trust Barometer (2018) found that 63% of businesses’ marketing improved with help of social media. 67% of people use social media for customer service inquiries (JD Power, 2015). So we can say that social media is the best way for online presence. Facebook is good for B2C businesses and Twitter is a great platform to share ideas and giving new content. It is always advisable to schedule your posts according to best times reflected in insights to engage more people.
- Blogging: Blogging gives a marketing standing to the In other words, blogging gives a voice to the brand it is associated with. 91% of masses said that they are likely to purchase from a brand with authenticity rather than a generic one. Blogs are estimated to attract 42% more of what normal traffic a website has. 300% more indexed pages are produced as an outcome of blogging.
- High-quality webinars and live events: Working on a bigger picture, webinars and live events play an advantageous
Step 4 – Engaging the audience
After identifying the target audience, the next step is to engage the audience. Use the data got from the business houses, social media platforms, websites and other sources in targeting audience in the digital marketing campaigns. According to Nielsen Norman Group, the majority of the people who visit any website, stick only if their interest gets generated in the first 59 seconds. In simple words, online engagement is when the audience does any desired activity, buy a product, download a PDF or any other media file, browse information, sign up for membership or newsletter, read a free case study and various other actions. Engagement is not only crucial for current customers but also past customers so that they could be retained.
Step 5 – Converting the traffic into leads
Converting traffic into potential needs is a basic requirement of companies targeting a large customer base. We need to use digital to make customers search, review, engage, buy and do other desired actions. The transition of traffic to leads could be done by incorporating the appropriate call to action and appealing offers.
Call to Action is the activity which we desire from our visitor or audience when a person visits the landing page.
- Building of landing page
- CRM Integration
- Placing “Call to Action”
Step 6 – Lead Conversion
Lead conversion is of two kinds:
- Micro Conversion
- Macro Conversion
Micro Conversion: Micro conversions refers to various activities through which the audience engages before the final purchase of any goods or services. Examples of micro-conversions are PDF download, subscription of any newsletter, signup for membership or email, browsing extensive information or creation of an account.
Macro Conversion: Macro conversions are primarily ascribed to the product or service of the website. Example sales transactions
Step 7 – Measuring and tracking:
The next step is to design measurement and analytics. There are tools and testings available for measurement of the effectiveness of the digital marketing strategies to achieve the goals. Improvisation is impossible unless the performance is tracked and reviewed.
Key factors to be tested and measured are:
- Behaviour of traffic
- SEO Success
- Social Media campaign performance
- Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign performance
- Return on investment
Traditionally, this was a challenge. But nowadays but now there are various tools to gather data and measure the impact of the initiatives taken while the digital marketing process.
Google Analytics gives all the information from the number of visitors, time spent, the source of arrival on the landing page, demographic details and other data relevant for evaluating the results of strategies used.
Step 8- Retention
Retention can only make sure that digital marketing stays fruitful to your businesses. If customers or visitors leave, all step by step efforts of digital marketing strategy will go in vain. Retention is of two basic types:
- Horizontal Retention: When a consumer goes up and down the range of products for purchases, it is called horizontal
- Vertical Retention: When a consumer purchases the same chain of goods and services offered, it is called vertical
Research showed that a 5% increase in customers retained, could generate up to 125%of profits. According to Bain and Co. (a global management consultancy), the cost of attracting new customers amounts 7 times of what it costs to retain the old ones. Therefore, if a retention plan is set well in digital marketing or digital communications process, revenues will increase leading to the long-term profitability of the business. Also, referral marketing strategy is not just relevant to the scope of new business, but every business.