While each day is an opportunity to change your life for the better, there’s just something about starting a new week that feels extra motivating! If you have big goals or dreams you hope to achieve, you’ll love this list of 21 things to let go off.
Letting go off things is an excellent way to clear out space so that you can focus more on what matters most to you. Sometimes you have to let go of several things so there’s room for better things to come into your life.
Here’s a list of 21 things you should let go to welcome prosperity:
- Fear of the unknown — Nobody is ever 100% ready for the opportunities that come their way, just take a leap of faith and go for it! You’re capable of things more than you can comprehend.
- Guilt and anger over past events — Resentment, grudges, and anger will prevent you from growing and progressing in your life. Don’t let those negative feelings eat away your happiness and mental health. While it’s your decision whether or not you want to forgive someone who hurt you, you can most definitely decide to let go of the earth, anger, and hate and move forward.
- Overscheduling — You can’t do it all, so prioritize and pick the most meaningful tasks carefully.
- Going small when you can go big — If you set small goals, you get small results. Set big goals, and then do everything in your power to achieve them. You’ll be surprised to see what wonder you possess in order to achieve what you want. Everything worth having comes by taking a risk.
- Habits that are holding you back
- Jealousy and possessiveness — These two elements are the root cause of insecurity. These emotions just make you a negative person, giving you nothing in return.
- Excuses — Making excuses is simply a lie we tell ourselves and others to cover our mistakes or neglect. You should offer real and valid reasons rather than excuses.
- Trying to make everyone happy — Not everybody is going to like you, or should. You do not have to be liked by everyone to be happy. What you do need to do to be happy and content is be yourself.
- Gossiping — Gossip may be fun for the moment, but it’s hurtful to others and demeans you. People gossip because it gives them a sense of power. It also can be a cover for low self-esteem and jealousy. Work on letting go of the emotions that entice you to gossip. If you feel insecure or jealous, learn to release these feelings to not cause pain to yourself or others.
- Worrying what others think of you — It’s only human to feel the need for validation, to be loved and accepted by people surrounding us but often, without discerning, we tend to change ourselves in order to fit into their mold. Learn to live with the decisions you make, the choices you make. Do whatever you can to set high standards for yourself, and then do everything you can to meet them.
- Failing to take care of your mental health
- Insecurities — Don’t be so tough on yourself and accept who you are. Quit judging yourself and caring about how people judge you.
- Unrealistic expectation — You can not expect things to work out for you after you’ve worked for a week. Patience is the key. Let go of unrealistic expectations and enjoy the process.
- Procrastinating on important things — If you want to accomplish something, stop waiting and start doing it.
- Anyone and anything that doesn’t make you happy
- Clutter in all forms — Clutter can be physical, mental, digital, or emotional, It’s better to resolve and organize everything you can, and get in control.
- Limiting beliefs — Limiting beliefs are those intrusive and negative thoughts that pop up in your mind and hold you back from becoming the best version of yourself. Whenever you’re compelled to think about what could go wrong, force your mind to focus on what could happen if things went right like planned.
- Having a sense of entitlement — The sooner we understand we’re equals, the better. Entitlement can stop you from improving at your work, or seeing the flip side of the story. So let it go before it does any more to erode your happiness.
- Doubting yourself — Passionate, determined people do remarkable things. Never allow your self-doubt to get in the way of what you want to accomplish. You’re capable of great things, you just haven’t realized it yet.
- Waiting for the ‘right’ time — Whatever it is you are putting off, let go of that urge to wait until everything is right. When you’re as well-prepared as you can be, jump in and get your feet wet. It might just be your turning point.
- Your comfort zone — Step out of your comfort zone. Push yourself to be better and achieve your goals. Your life graph should never be a straight line.
Apart from these, let go of all the toxic friends you are surrounded by, let go of your addictions, if you have any, let go of the self-sabotaging thoughts that consume you, let go of all the lies you tell yourself, let go of the belief that it’s someone else’s responsibility to keep you happy, let go of your past misfortunes and be optimistic about what the future holds for you.
Letting go isn’t easy, but you can do it and once you let go of even one toxic thing, you’ll instantly get a boost towards greater happiness!
Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to. You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.