1. Test audio and camera.
2. Elevate your laptop to avoid staring down into the camera.
3. Dress professionally.
4. Position yourself at a desk or table, against a plain, neutral background.
5. Check the lighting in the room.
6. Close all other applications on your laptop.
7. Silence your cell phone, and disable vibration alert.
8. Have a copy of your resume at hand.
9. Attach post-its around the laptop screen with prompts, and the questions you wish to ask the interviewer.
10. Ban kids, pets and others from the room for the duration of the interview.
11. Have a pen and paper at hand.
12. Have a glass of water next to you.
13. Have the phone number of the interviewer at hand, in case video connection is lost.
You will have fully researched the company in depth.
You will know who your interviewer is.
You will have practiced behavioural questions using C.A.R.L (Context, Action, Result, Learning).
And you will send a “thank you” email within 6-8 hours of the interview.
You have great skills and experience, so demonstrate them by speaking into the camera, NOT into the screen, with a nice smile!