In the age of refined oils and healthy cooking oils that promise to be cholesterol-free, the age-old practice of using pure desi cow ghee in food or one’s beauty routine is largely forgotten. While vegetable oils compete to gain customer attention, the benefits of including organic desi cow ghee in one’s daily routine are largely known and need not be retold.
Common benefits of using pure cow ghee
The use of pure desi cow ghee as a staple grocery item can be found in most Indian kitchens. Derived from milk produce of healthy cows, consumption of organic desi cow ghee ensures a lot of benefits apart from adding taste and gloss to the food. The fat-soluble vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids in ghee make it an essential ingredient in our everyday diet. Its healing properties add to its amazing benefits that include:
- Rejuvenates Your Skin: Dry atmosphere, use of hard water or bathing soaps containing high pH can cause your skin to lose its suppleness with time. Patches of dry or rough skin appear when your skin loses its hydration. Experts advocate the use of ghee to provide deep nourishment and necessary hydration, thus, making it soft and smooth. For a prolonged effect, you can massage your dry facial skin with warm ghee taken in a bowl. Taking a warm bath post-massage makes your skin feel hydrated while lending you a radiant look.
- Unclogging Your Nose: Change of weather brings with it unwanted symptoms like cold, cough and a blocked nose. Instead of using inhalers to ease your breathing, try using ghee to get immediate relief from a clogged nose. Ancient Ayurvedic texts mention pouring of pure desi cow ghee in your nostrils in the morning to unclog your nose and throat. Remember that the ghee you use must be first warmed in a bowl for maximum effect.
- Moisturizing Your Lips: Unusual but true, you can treat your chapped lips by rubbing a drop of ghee on your lips. Lack of moisture causes your lips to crack and bleed. You benefit from the healing benefits of ghee by rubbing it on your lips while its oily texture locks the moisture within.
- Looking Young: Some people afford too much time and effort into their appearance just to look younger. Cosmetics companies advertise about their products while promising their audience everlasting grace and beauty. What many people do not know is how the use of organic desi cow ghee on skin can work wonders by making it glow instantly. Simply applying a paste of ghee, milk, a teaspoon full of gram flour along with a pinch of turmeric powder on your skin has a therapeutic effect. The result is youthful-looking skin like no other.
- Healthy Heart: Heart diseases are the most common cause of death in today’s world. More concerning is the fact that even young people as old as in their twenties are succumbing to heart problems. As opposed to the myth that the use of ghee is harmful to the heart, it is important to replace your cooking oil with pure ghee to gain from the benefit of having a healthy heart. However, a lot depends on the quantity you use to cook your food. For naysayers to ghee, it is important to note that pure desi cow ghee is the best source of saturated fats necessary for healthy living by increasing the level of good cholesterol.